Tour 5: Weekend Getaway Retreat into Nature Saturday
Take Hwy 95 north from Las Vegas, then head west into Death Valley National Park via Beatty or Scotty’s Castle.
- Spend the day in Death Valley National Park, with numerous wonderful destinations and stops to choose from.
- Exit the Park south, via Badwater Road and Hwy 178 to Shoshone. Dine in Shoshone at the Crowbar Café (Open year round) or in Tecopa at Pastels Bistro (Bistro is open seasonally from mid-October-May).
- Spend the night at China Ranch or Tecopa or Shoshone and enjoy the quiet, the sunset, and the fabulous night sky. Check Calendar for Star Gazing dates near the New Moon.
- Sunday: Enjoy lunch at Pastels Bistro, and walk the Meditation Labyrinth at Tecopa Hot Springs Resort. Go biking, birding, wildflower viewing or take your camera to the Amargosa Canyon, Grimshaw Lake, or anywhere nearby on surrounding public lands.
- Follow the Old Spanish Trail back to Hwy 160, and proceed back to Las Vegas.