Tour 4: Weekend Getaway Hiking, Golfing, Brunching
Saturday: Take Hwy 160 to Pahrump and 372 (turns into 178E in CA) to Shoshone.
- Just north of Shoshone, enter Death Valley via Hwy 178W and the Badwater Road.
- Tour Death Valley National Park, with stops at Badwater, Devils Golf Course, Artist’s Drive and Golden Canyon on the way to the Furnace Creek.
- Explore the Furnace Creek Visitor’s Center and its extensive exhibits and gift shop.
- Play golf at Furnace Creek Ranch (call for tee times and reservations).
- Spend the night in Death Valley at the Furnace Creek Inn, Furnace Creek Ranch or the Stovepipe Wells Resort. Visit the Harmony Borax Museum and other historical sites.
- Try one of several great venues for dinner. Take a relaxing swim, go bicycling, rent a Jeep, ride a horse, or just swagger into the local saloon.
- Sunday: Indulge yourself with the lavish Sunday brunch at the Furnace Creek Inn.
- Exit Death Valley National Park via Beatty or Scotty’s Castle to Hwy 95.