Tour 2: Ash Meadows, Shoshone, Tecopa, and Death Valley
Take Hwy 95 north from Las Vegas to Lathrop Wells. Head south on Hwy 373. In California, Hwy 373 becomes Route 127.
- Visit the Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge.
- Be sure to stop at the Amargosa Hotel and Opera House at Death Valley Junction.
- From there, take Hwy 190 into Death Valley National Park to Furnace Creek, or continue south on Hwy 127 to our Visitors Center at the Shoshone Museum. See Itinerary 1 for details.
- Soak in a hot springs bath at Tecopa Hot Springs, visit the Tecopa Artists Gallery, or dine at Pastels Bistro. (Bistro open seasonally from mid October-May).
- Visit China Ranch for a date shake and hike the Amargosa Canyon.
- Take Hwy 178W into Death Valley National Park via Badwater to Furnace Creek and Stove Pipe Wells Village.
- Exit the Park through Scotty’s Castle or Beatty back to Hwy 95.