Tour 1: Tecopa, Shoshone and Death Valley
From Las Vegas, take Hwy 160 toward Pahrump. 13 miles before Pahrump, turn left onto the Old Spanish Trail (sign says Tecopa Road) and travel 36 miles to Tecopa Hot Springs.
- Stop at China Ranch for a date shake and hike the Amargosa Canyon.
- Soak in a hot springs bath at Tecopa Hot Springs and visit the Tecopa Artists Gallery (Open year round), or dine at Pastels Bistro (Open seasonally from mid October-May).
- Take Hwy 127 from Tecopa Hot Springs Rd. and go 7 miles north to Shoshone. Stop in at the Visitor’s Center at the Shoshone Museum. Pick up the Walking Tour Map, which includes the Shoshone Cemetery and Dublin Caves. Services include a gas station and General Store, and the Crowbar Café. At the Amargosa Conservancy, learn about area conservation issues, or sign up for one of their educational outings.
- Just north of Shoshone, take Hwy 178 W (Badwater Road) into Death Valley National Park via Badwater. Walk out on the Boardwalk.
- Continue on to Furnace Creek and visit the numerous facilities at Furnace Creek Inn & Ranch. (see Itinerary 4).
- Tour the Furnace Creek Visitor Center and enjoy the extensive exhibits and gift shop.
- Continue on Hwy 190 to the Route 5 turnoff to Scotty’s Castle, and exit the Park through Beatty or Scotty’s Castle to Hwy 95.